In celebration of Adopt-A-Cat Month and all things feline, here are 10 (fun) reasons to adopt a shelter cat today.
Top 10 Reasons To Adopt A Shelter Cat1. Cats are clean, neat, and organized. And that's why they require such dedicated staff.
2. Cats care about the planet and the environment. Cats believe in water and energy conservation and do their part by sleeping 15 hours a day and taking short baths.
3. Cats are free spirits who march to the beat of their own drums. And if they feel like beating that drum at 2:00 am deal with it people.
4. Cats are like potato chips, you can't just have one. Well, you could, but why?
5. Cats make great couch companions. Cats won't judge you if you stay in your pajamas and watch Netflix all day. Actually, they might judge you, but not in a mean way.
6. Cats improve sleep and cure insomnia. The sound of a cat is relaxing and the warmth of their cuddles in like an electric blanket on a cold night. Just be sure not to disturb their sleep or all bets are off.
7. Cats are not quitters. Cats pursue what they want when they want it. And if that means occasionally bopping you in the head or tipping over a glass of water to get your attention, so be it. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
8. Cats make great yoga instructors. Cats are naturally graceful and limber and understand the benefits of a good stretch. Note to humans: cat yoga require years of experience and training. Do not try at home unless under strict feline supervision.
9. Cats are great listeners. Cats have mastered the art of listening or at least the art of making you think they are listening. What did you say again?
10. Cats make great mentors and role models. Cats are confident, driven, and not afraid to say no. They have much to teach us about self-preservation and putting our own needs first - after their own needs are met, of course.
Please choose adoption! Visit your local shelter and adopt a cat today.